here’s another baking experiment from last sunday. compared to the 1st one, my version of banana chocolate chip muffin is slightly wrong because…guess what? I FORGOT TO PUT THE BUTTER!!! nyahaha!
i only realized it when everything was already done, the muffins are cooling down and one of my flat mates (aka guinea pig) taste it. she asked me, “what kind of butter did you use?” and i was like, “whoat!?!? ohmygee i forgot to melt the butter!!!”
yeah, the butter is sitting pretty inside the fridge completely ignored. huhuhu! anyway, i told myself that edibility comes first and taste is secondary. hahaha. charot! i had much fun because this is easier to make than the red velvet cupcake …it’s just the missing butter. well, it taste good surprisingly though the greasy element is missing so it’s a bit dry. nevertheless, the banana and chocolate chip tandem is really nice and this will now fall pwede-na-sa-gutom. 🙂
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g butter, melted (see even in the picture, the butter is missing — lol)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (2 large mashed bananas)
- preheat oven to 200 C.
- sift the flour and combine with sugar and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- make a well in the centre and put the combined egg, vanilla, butter and baking soda dissolved in buttermilk.
- add the cup of mashed banana and gently mix until ingredients are just incorporated.
- place spoonfuls into muffin pans and bake for 12-15 minutes.
the finished product….tenteneeeeennn!!!
yummy but needs improvement. haha! no to amnesia on my next project. don’t know what’s next on my list but hubby suggested that i make a spanish bread. wow! magmamasa? may exercise? the mixer should do all the dirty work right? hehehe.