few weeks ago, i had my first attempt at baking one of my favorite comfort foods which is chocolate cake. as much as i want to write the experience right away, i accidentally disposed the recipe and lose it! see, i only got the recipe from the packaging label of the cake decoration set that i bought that day. i wasn’t really planning to bake a grand cake because i want to start with the easy ones like cupcakes and muffins but when i saw the recipe, i knew in my heart that i can do it. (^_^)
ingredients for the cake:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
ingredients for the chocolate frosting:
- 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp milk
1) preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2) sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl.
3) place all other ingredients into the bowl and mix with an eletric mixer for 3 minutes.
4) pour mixture into a greased baking tin and bake for aproximately 40 minutes.
II. chocolate frosting
5) in a medium bowl,sift together the icing sugar and cocoa powder then set aside.
6) in a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with milk. beat until light and fluffy.
7) once cake is cooled, ice the cake with the frosting.
then finally, the finished product…
the verdict, it was surprisingly good! i didn’t realize that the simple ingredients will turn out as one delicious cake. as usual, the cake-cum-brownies was shared to my guinea pig housemates. 🙂