hello! it’s another baking time. 🙂 surprisingly, i’m in the mood to cook and bake these past few days. inspired? maybe. or could it be just a usual case of boredom. i really like the slow pace of life here because there’s so much i can do after work. our evening starts at 5pm so you could imagine how much time we have before going to bed. since i’m feeling awesome in the kitchen, “hoy Sir, enjoy it while it lasts! hahaha”.
i found this recipe of chocolate chip muffin in the internet which is very easy to do. i want to maximize whatever ingredients i have at home so this is the best choice for now. you know that feeling while getting the goodies out of the oven (like new parents waiting for the baby) -priceless. 🙂
here’s the ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
3/4 cup superfine sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
…and how to do it.
1. preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. put the dry ingredients together such as flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl.
3. pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug.
4. mix the dry and wet ingredients together, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins.
5. spoon into the prepared muffin cases.
6. sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
tsaran! looks and smells promising. wait til we taste it?
hmm, it doesn’t seem like the husband likes it? i don’t think so. nakadalawang kuha na kaya yan.
it tastes good though apart from its mushroom like appearance, it tastes just the same as my first cupcake. i have a feeling that i must have done something wrong so i searched for the difference between the two. apparently, cupcakes are sweeter, moist and is a mini version of cakes while muffins should be bread like, dense and drier. i realized that i have over-mixed the batter making it almost cupcake like in step # 4. i should have hand-mixed the batter leaving it with lumps? i don’t know, i’m confuse as well. i’m just starting so maybe more practice and i will get to learn all of these.
for the mean time, join us as we enjoy eating more calories and gain extra kilos. hehehe.