hello to another long weekend! it’s holiday tomorrow for the queen’s birthday so we’ve got 3 days to relax and lounge at home. we don’t have any plans to go out since we’re saving our energies and resources for my upcoming birthday next month. and so, staying at home means doing the usual household chores, cooking and…
B-A-K-I-N-G! (ikr mukha na akong baking hahaha)
before i get excited and explore the other recipes, i’ll just share my latest baking experiment which is anzac cookies. anzac stands for australia and new zealand corps and the anzac holiday is celebrated on the 25th of april for AU and NZ, to commemorate those who fought during the WWI (naks may nag review!). no one can stop me from making anzac cookies even if the holiday is already over ok? haha! 😀
one of the easiest to prepare, here are the ingredients:
and here’s how to do it:
- mix the dry ingredients rolled oats, flour, sugar and desiccated coconut together in a large bowl.
- in a small saucepan over low heat, melt the golden syrup and butter together.
- mix the baking soda and the boiling water and add to the melted butter and golden syrup.
- add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix altogether.
- drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheets (or baking paper) and bake at 175 degrees celsius for 18 to 20 minutes.
and what does the fox say? lol.
as usual ang arte eh sarap na sarap naman. haha!