first, i want to greet all the fathers, soon-to-be fathers and all single mothers out there a happy father’s day!!! 🙂 i hope you’re having a blast with your loved ones on this special day. as for us, we’re having fun as well watching the very exciting fifa world cup games on tv. haha!!! i’m not a football fan but i think i am now. seeing all these gorgeous players makes me sw♥♥n.
so here’s another very simple baking recipe, cocoa brownies. husband requested for a chocolate brownie today so here you go. credits to fat witch brownies cookbook. 🙂
- 170 g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- grease baking pan with butter and dust with flour. tap out the excess. pre heat the oven at 180 C.
- melt the butter on a low heat in a small saucepan. once melted, cool for 5 minutes.
- add cocoa powder and sugar to the butter and whisk until well blended.
- add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each until the mixture is smooth and shiny. add the vanilla until well mixed.
- measure the flour and salt and sift together into the batter. mix the batter gently until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients remains.
- add extras like nuts if desired.
- spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- remove from the oven and cool on a rack for an hour. cut before serving.
very simple and easy to prepare recipe especially on this father’s day. 🙂