because i’m happy, motivated (*cough-ahem-cough*) and not to mention that we already run out of snacks, i bake some fresh fat witch brownies from the fat witch bakery cookbook.
here are the ingredients:
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp unbleached flour
- pinch of salt
- grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with butter. dust with flour and tap the excess and preheat oven to 180 C.
- melt butter and chocolate in a small pan in low heat, stirring frequently. once melted, set aside to cool.
- cream the sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
- add the chocolate mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until well blended.
- sift the flour and salt and put them into the chocolate mixture. mix the batter gently with hand until well combined and free of lumps.
- you can add extras like nuts at this point.
- spread batter evenly in the baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- remove from oven and cool on a rack for 1 hour. >> it may appear broken and toasted from outside but it’s chewy and yummy inside. this is actually my favorite among the brownie recipes.
- cut into slices before serving.