lately, i am feeling extra diligent doing the household chores – from laundry, sweeping, cooking, baking, organizing the closet and bookshelf and many more. despite the extra hours spent in the office and working weekends, i still have lots of energy after work to run the household and i realized that this is it na talaga…ang domesticated ko na nga! i’ve spoken to a friend and she was asking me how my pregnancy was and i told her that i’m feeling well and good then i quipped, “… and ito panay ang linis ko himala nga, ewan ko ba…” and she was laughing at me because she said i was “nesting”. i don’t know what that means so i looked in the internet and found out that it has something to do with the urge to clean especially with pregnants, brought on by a desire to prepare for the baby’s coming.
ay may ganun pala? eh di naman bago sa akin actually ang magligpit at maglinis. in fact, allergic lang naman talaga ako sa makalat at burara. haha! gets ko na tuloy si mama kung bakit ang sipag nya magligpit sa bahay nuon, non-stop! also, when you’re living with someone who happens to be the ‘master of relaxation’ (higa then watch (basketball) videos sa cellphone then tutulog), naku mapipilitan ka lang talaga maglinis. haha.
so last night after i clean the backyard and finished cooking our dinner meal, i baked some blueberry muffins for our snack. i’m in the mood to bake because last sunday’s baking project was a total disaster and hindi lang talaga ako mapakali kung hindi ako makapag-bake. it’s a must. hehe. 😉
so i’m sharing the recipe for blueberry muffins. enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 and 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- preheat oven to 190C and put paper liners into muffin tray.
- in a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt.
- on a separate bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar for 2 minutes. then add the eggs, scraping the sides with a spatula. add vanilla extract.
- gradually add the flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture on low-speed to combine.
- add the berries to the batter and distribute evenly using a spatula. do not overmix.
- scoop batter into muffin tray filling each cup.
- you can add sugar or cheese toppings as optional.
- bake for 30 minutes until light golden brown or cake tester comes out clean.
- cool the muffins and transfer to a cooling rack.
the ‘taste-r’ looks unimpressed.
haha, ano to!?