10 more days to go before christmas! i’m sure everyone’s very busy doing their last-minute shopping, attending parties and pigging out left and right. i surely miss the festive mood of holidays in the philippines. here in christchurch, i don’t feel the christmas spirit unless i go to the mall and see the decors, massive sale and the throngs of people with their big shopping bags. but looking elsewhere, it just look like an ordinary day.
for some reasons, kenny rogers roasters restaurant crossed my mind and i suddenly thought of their cornbread. yep! it’s the cornbread that i miss and not the chicken. haha!
so now, you know what my latest project is. 😉
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter milk
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 110 g of butter
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- preheat oven to 200 C.
- combine the dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder) in a large bowl and mix altogether.
- on a separate bowl, beat the butter while gradually adding the sugar until texture becomes creamy and mixed thoroughly.
- add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- add the honey, eggs and milk then continue mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
- add the can of whole kernel corn to the batter. you can use a spatula for this.
- pour the mixture to the cupcake pan and bake for 20 minutes. check that the cornbread is well done by doing a toothpick test. if it comes clean, you’re good to go!
- remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
…and here’s the finished product.
i’m good just eating the cornbread without the roasted chicken. hehe!