my husband and i agreed that i will do the cooking during weekends. this is to give me other things to do apart from cleaning baby’s bum. kidding. i need some variety because i kept on doing the same things everyday and i kinda miss cooking. i used to cook for my family when i was in 6th grade after going home from school. but i’m not an expert cook, ok? my limited cooking skills only knows stir fry, tinola, adobo and nilagang baboy/baka/patatas/itlog/etc.
truth be told, “a happy wife is a happy life”or also can be “a happy mommy makes a happy baby.” so here, i’m back in the kitchen and sharing one of the recipes i randomly found from the cook book. it’s an easy stir fried hokkien noodles recipe which surprisingly tastes good.
despite being sleepy and it’s almost 11pm, i still have some energy to cook our baon for tomorrow. well, nakakapilit talaga magka energy pag nalalapit na ang payday ni sir at hingalo na ang bank account. haha!
- cooking oil
- sesame oil
- chopped garlic
- chopped spring onions
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 bag raw prawns
- chopped chili – i only added 1 piece this time just to tease my dish
- button mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 pack (2 bags inside) of hokkien noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of water
- sesame seeds (optional)
- add the cooking oil and sesame oil together in a high heat pan.
- add the garlic, prawns, spring onions and chili. stir fry for 5 minutes and put in a separate bowl once the prawn starts to look cooked.
- add another serving of oil and sesame oil then sauté the capsicum and mushroom together.
- once the mushroom turns brown, add the noodles.
- add the water, sugar and soy sauce and let the noodles cook for at least 5 minutes. note: the hokkien noodles is already pre-cooked in the packaging so don’t need to cook it for too long.
- add the bowl of prawn mixture to the noodles and continue cooking for the next 3-5 minutes.
- season with salt and pepper to taste. you can also garnish the noodles with some sesame seeds on top.
and the finished product, voilà! lez eat!