welcome to another year. a brand new year for taking chances, correcting mistakes, improving ourselves and another year to take care and love our self. i am grateful to the previous year although there are some tough challenges which i survived.
last year, i set some major goals and i was able to accomplish some of them. of course, it will not be possible without the support of my family and friends. special thanks to my husband for his guidance and extra push…especially during the driving lessons. 🙂 i can now comfortably drive along the motorway and go to the gym and grocery by myself. haha! one of my goals too was to take an advanced test analyst certification related to my job and was able to passed it early this year while on bench.
this year, i listed some goals which i hope to accomplish this year. i categorized them – personal, financial, fitness & health and house improvement goals. i thought it’s easier to track the goals if i write it down so i can revisit it at the end of this year. here are some of the goals i hope to accomplish this year. i hope this will inspire you also to come up with your own goals, i know we can do this guys! we just need to focus and be positive all the time and put a lot of love and effort to what we want to do. 😉
- finish at least 1 book per month.
- working smart and not extending 8 hrs of work.
- making more (quality) friends and avoiding gossip.
- social media fasting particularly facebook. i will try to post an average of 1-2 updates per month for close family and friends. facebook and me have a love-hate relationship. i love it when i see some nice updates but hate it when some friends overkill and flood me with their life.
- fb social media deactivate for a month because i realized that sometimes i spent too much time on it and lots of precious time wasted. i also want to focus more on doing meaningful tasks such as exercising at the gym, reading books and spending time with the family.
- i will still keep my instagram though which is my platform of choice and will provide more meaningful and inspiring content. 🙂
- saying ‘No’. less commitment, less pressure, less obligation means more time for me to relax and do the things i want to do.
- more adventures – camping, walking and outdoor stuff
- another jump on my 34th birthday 🙂
- take another certification exam related to my work and passing the exam
- take a practical restricted driving test and passing the exam
fitness and health goals
- shed my holiday weight (australia holiday food intake + christmas/ny binge eating).
- spend more time at the gym by going there 4x a week.
- improved my cardio so i can pursue running as an activity.
- improved my strength training so i can carry heavy kid/stuff during walking trips.
- body toning and conditioning – haha! writing this down so i can show to my personal trainer hahaha.
- replenish my son’s college savings fund and reach the target amount
- pay credit card debt from the house improvement purchases i made from last boxing day. hahaha.
- more savings now that my son’s already turning 3 years old and daycare fee will have 50% discount. woohoooo!
house improvement goals
- buy an indoor plant
- buy plants for the side patio near the window sill
- upgrade our dining table
happy new year everyone! i hope you smash all your set goals for this year. we can do this!