welcome to another year. a brand new year for taking chances, correcting mistakes, improving ourself and another year to be thankful to all the blessings we receive. #blessed naman talaga in so many ways di ba? i am grateful to the previous year although there were some challenges which thankfully, i survived!
last year, i set some major goals for myself and i was able to accomplished most of them. of course, it won’t be possible without the support of my family, friends and most especially to my husband for his guidance and extra push…especially during the driving lessons. 🙂 i can now comfortably drive along the motorway and can go to the gym and grocery by myself. haha! also, one of my goals was to take an advanced test analyst certification related to my job to continuously improve my work and was able to passed it early this year while i was on bench.
this year, i am doing the same exercise and listed some goals which i hope to accomplish within this year. i categorized them into personal, financial, fitness & health and house improvement goals. i figured out it’s easier to track the goals if i write them down so i can revisit it at the end of the year. here are some of the goals which i hope to accomplish this year. i hope this will inspire you to come up with your own goals, we can do this guys! all we need is focus, a positive mindset and put a lot of love and effort to what we want to do. 🙂
- finish at least 1 book per month.
- working smart at work. most of the time, i feel i’m working hard enough but not smart enough. lol!
- making more (quality) friends and avoiding gossip.
- social media fasting particularly facebook. i will try to post an average of 1-2 updates per month for close family and friends. facebook and i have a love-hate relationship. i love fb when i see the updates from close family and friends but sometimes i hate it when they overkill me with their life updates.
- fb social media deactivate for a month because i realized that sometimes i spent too much time on it and lots of precious time wasted. i also want to focus more on doing meaningful tasks such as exercising at the gym, reading books and spending time with the family.
- i will still keep my instagram though which is my favorite social media platform.
- saying ‘No’. less commitment, less pressure, less obligation means more time for me to relax and do the things i want.
- more adventures – camping, walking and outdoor stuff with my husband and son
- another jump on my 34th birthday 🙂
- take another certification exam related to my work and passing it.
- take a practical restricted driving test and passing it.
fitness and health goals
- shed my holiday weight (australia holiday food intake + christmas/ny binge eating).
- spend more time at the gym by going there 4x a week.
- improved my cardio so i can pursue running as an activity.
- improved my strength training so i can carry heavy stuff and my son when we go for walking trips.
- body toning and conditioning – haha! writing this down because this is so hard to achieve!
- replenish my son’s college savings fund and reach the target amount
- pay credit card debt from the house improvement purchases i made from last boxing day. hahaha.
- more savings now that my son’s already turning 3 years old and daycare fee will have 50% discount. woohoooo!
house improvement goals
- buy an indoor plant
- buy plants for the side patio near the window sill
- upgrade our dining table
happy new year everyone! i hope you smash all your set goals for this year. we can do this!